Thursday 1 September 2011

Ebooks and the new world order

So eBooks have overtaken traditional books in sales by Amazon. How do people feel about this? At work I have an Ipad but still prefer my books to be bound in paper. Have others made the leap into the electronic reading age? As a writer I understand that my books must be available as eBooks but there is nothing better than seeing the book on a shelf or in someone's hand.

Same for browsing for books. Just can't come at browsing online. I like to hold the book, smell the fresh paper, see the image on the front cover. Mind you, I am pretty sure I said the same thing when I encountered computers - 'Give me my old typewriter any day. Pen and paper over keyboard and screen' etc.

Been a while since I've even seen a typewriter and now I write straight to screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment